ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Original Robotron 2084 Arcade Cabinet Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Robotron 2084 Arcade Cabinet Wanted
    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:09pm
Must be working and in very good condition (it doesn't have to be perfect though)

I will pay a good price. Message me. Thank you!
Missile5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:37pm
Still really want a Robotron cab. Please message me
Missile5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 9:09pm
Still looking for one of these. Can anyone help?
Missile5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:55pm
It's been a year and I still really want a Robotron Smile Message me. Thank you.

Edited by Missile5 - 03 Jan 2020 at 8:55pm
patloz View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:06pm
A few people on here are making scratch build cabs which isn't a bad idea as lots of  the important bits :

Joysticks
PCB
Artwork
CRT
Coin door.

Are all readily available and for the difficult bits like the metalwork ( control panel and lower coin door , marquee supports ) someone else will already have this in hand so can make you one too.

Might be your  best and potentially cheaper option.

Missile5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by patloz patloz wrote:

A few people on here are making scratch build cabs which isn't a bad idea as lots of  the important bits :

Joysticks
PCB
Artwork
CRT
Coin door.

Are all readily available and for the difficult bits like the metalwork ( control panel and lower coin door , marquee supports ) someone else will already have this in hand so can make you one too.

Thank you for the info! I do have my heart set on an original. But will definitely consider that idea if I can't find one. I only plan to get 2 cabs - this and a Space Harrier upright. Somehow it means something more if you know you have an original.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:24pm
Try the container services and import one. Probably get it a lot quicker that way as they are seldom sold.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 11:41pm
As Alpha says, try an import or scratch build. Chances of a robotron suddenly hitting the fs section on here these days are very slim indeed.
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
Wurstkopp View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurstkopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:33am
+1
Nobody with a working brain sells a Robotron, at least the upright ones. Importing is the way to go - it's faster and very likely cheaper.
Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong, Galaga 88, Centipede cabaret, SNK MVS-U4, Taito MT-8
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Missile5 Missile5 wrote:

Originally posted by patloz patloz wrote:

Joysticks
PCB
Artwork
CRT
Coin door.

Thank you for the info! I do have my heart set on an original. But will definitely consider that idea if I can't find one. I only plan to get 2 cabs - this and a Space Harrier upright. Somehow it means something more if you know you have an original.

Robotron AND Space Harrier !!

I see you like a challenge! Thumbs Up
Richard May View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 4:05pm
Here's one in Florida right now:

Get Bob Cunningham (cheapest option) or Beltmann (most expensive, but faster) to pick it up and deliver to Ken (with his prior permission). Or get SEKO Logistics to handle door-to-door.

Edit: Or have it picked up and driven to Coin-Op Warehouse where it can go on either Coin-Op King or RGP's consignments.

And then stick a JROK in it with a Ken Falta loom!

Loads of options, but you have to move fast man :)

Edited by Richard May - 06 Jan 2020 at 4:10pm
tdepodcast.net / insta @richardwilliammay
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 4:22pm
Sorry to Hijack a little. But has anyone used Seko before? What sort of prices are you looking at door to door?

I’m sure the other methods are great, but do like the idea of a one stop shop.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

Sorry to Hijack a little. But has anyone used Seko before? What sort of prices are you looking at door to door?

I paid around 280 per game recently (not including VAT on purchase price) but I had six games coming in and it was a shared consignment with Stephen Arnold, so I imagine it would be a few hundred more for a single game. I nearly shipped them in directly but lucked out with Stephen wanting to bring games over too.
antray84 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm
If money is no object and you have to have one, then Home Leisure direct are currently selling one for 5k on their website. Their stuff is insanely overpriced but I am not sure what your financial situation is and how desperate you are for the search to be over
Big Apple 3am
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by antray84 antray84 wrote:

If money is no object and you have to have one, then Home Leisure direct are currently selling one for 5k on their website. Their stuff is insanely overpriced but I am not sure what your financial situation is and how desperate you are for the search to be over

If you can afford to splash out 5K on a Robotron, you wouldn't be nuts enough to do so.
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Richard May Richard May wrote:

I paid around 280 per game recently (not including VAT on purchase price) but I had six games coming in and it was a shared consignment with Stephen Arnold, so I imagine it would be a few hundred more for a single game. I nearly shipped them in directly but lucked out with Stephen wanting to bring games over too.

Cheers Richard. Definitely give me a shout next time you’re thinking about it. After you’ve sold me those 2 cabs I’m waiting for haha.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 5:45pm

Cheers Richard. Definitely give me a shout next time you’re thinking about it. After you’ve sold me those 2 cabs I’m waiting for haha.

Tongue
robotech View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
You might as well scratch build or import a space harrier with your robotron
Ive have not seen one for sale in the last five years
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
Missile5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 3:49pm

Here's one in Florida right now:

Get Bob Cunningham (cheapest option) or Beltmann (most expensive, but faster) to pick it up and deliver to Ken (with his prior permission). Or get SEKO Logistics to handle door-to-door.

Edit: Or have it picked up and driven to Coin-Op Warehouse where it can go on either Coin-Op King or RGP's consignments.

And then stick a JROK in it with a Ken Falta loom!

Loads of options, but you have to move fast man :)

Thanks very much for the info. I will look into this.

Originally posted by antray84 antray84 wrote:

That's the sale price too! I don't mind paying a bit over the normal price but 5K is probably too much. If it was 4K I might go for it since it does has free delivery.

Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

You might as well scratch build or import a space harrier with your robotron
Ive have not seen one for sale in the last five years

I did see a nice one a year ago for £750 but I really wanted to get Robotron first since I live in a small house and I don't have space for 2 machines just yet (need to clear out some furniture first!).

Edited by Missile5 - 08 Jan 2020 at 3:55pm
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 3:54pm
Don't pay £4k for a Robotron on these shores. Seriously, you don't need to do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic